Friday, December 2, 2011

: Fabulous Friday :

: Another week has come and gone. Happy December! Only 23 days until CHRISTMAS!

: Today I'm linking up with Katelyn @ The Bluegrass Belle for...

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate all the way! I'm an egg nog virgin so I'm a little biased! I consume at least three cups each sitting.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Oh, man. Santa was the best! His presents wer NEVER wrapped - they were ready to play with immediately. Mom & Dad's were always wrapped though. My favorite part was the stocking :)

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? My family and I have always used white on the house and tree but I love to see the houses who use the chunky bulbs. It reminds me of Christmas Vacation.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Yep! Dunder gets stuck under it a lot.

5. When do you put your decorations up? As soon after Thanksgiving as possible - to make the cheer last!
6. What is your favorite holiday dish?  Pancakes - my style. Christmas morning, breakfast is cooked and pancakes are ordered. My Mom made the best teddy bear pancakes with chocolate chips for the eyes & buttons. Last year, we started a new tradition. I've taken over the task and I think I made great progress! I made Kurt an elephant and Stoye a potential elephant but ended up as a walrus.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Decorating sugar cookies. I would have my favorite friends come over and with my brother, we would make an absolute mess with toppings. Mom thankfully documented every one!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Fortunately, it wasn't a dramatic moment where my older cousins ruined it for me - I just realized it eventually. I still pretend.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Is this a real question?

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Tons of tacky sentimental ornaments, sports tree, and a girly tree with pinks & purples
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Obsessed with it. I can't wait to ski, build a snowman and laugh watching Dunder "color" it.

12. Can you  pretend to ice skate? yes :)

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I remember MANY gifts I fell in love with. One I'll share were these Barbie pajamas with feet and sleeves making it a onesie. I was 10, ha.

14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Family, family, family.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Mom's cherry cobbler pie

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?  games on Christmas Eve!

17. What tops your tree? stars, birds, santa, anything :)
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? N/A
 
19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? So good, especially the fruity ones Jollyrancher makes. Peppermints are yummy too!

20. Favorite Christmas show? Oh,  boy. Probably the 25 day of Christmas on ABC :)

21. Saddest Christmas Song? ...not sure
 
22. What is your favorite Christmas song? anything Michael Buble or Mariah Carey sings, hopefully Adele will make one next year!


Have a fabulous Friday!!

No comments: